Your (“you,” “your”) privacy is important to us at TummyRats (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “TummyRats”), and we want to be as transparent as possible about:
- The kinds of information we collect
- Who we will and will not share this information with
- What choices you have
- What we’re doing to protect your information and what you can do
- When and why we update this policy
To this end, we’ve described our practices and policies when it comes to your information below. By visiting, accessing or using the Tummyrats application (TummyRats.com), API and all associated services, features and content (“Service” or “Services”), you acknowledge that:
- You are over 13 years of age. (This Service is not targeted towards children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please let us know at hi@TummyRats.com and we will do our best to verify and terminate the account.)
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT AND HOW WILL YOU USE IT?
In order to provide the TummyRats Service to you and improve your experience as described below, we may collect the following types of information:
Information You Choose to Provide to Us
We collect the following types of information on our servers only when you optionally choose to provide it to us by filling out a form, accepting a request for permission or taking some other explicit action:
- Private Profile Information: In order to take advantage of certain TummyRats features and enable us to contact you for the purposes described below, you can optionally create a TummyRats account (your “Account”) by providing an email address and creating a password or by logging in using a third party service such as Facebook (your “Account Information”). If you log in using a third party service such as Facebook, the email address that you used to register with that third party service may be used to create your Account. Passwords are stored using industry standard methods. Your actual password is never stored or visible to TummyRats, its agents or employees at any time. Your email address will never be displayed to other users of the Service.
- Third Party Connections: In order to facilitate sharing of information between services and find friends who have registered for TummyRats, you can connect third party services (such as Facebook) using the secure, industry standard connection methods provided by these third parties. When you make a connection between your TummyRats account and third party services, the third party service may share certain information about you with TummyRats. These third parties never reveal your passwords to us and are responsible for informing you about what information they will share with TummyRats. We will never post content to your third party profiles unless you’ve chosen to enable us to do so by accepting the appropriate request for permission, checking a box or taking some other explicit action.
- Payment Information: We do not directly collect or store any payment information at this time. These do not cover third parties’ handling of Personal Information, so if you use these third party services, be sure to review their terms of service and privacy policies.
- Your Current Location: In order to find nearby content more easily and receive targeted information, you can opt into sharing your mobile device or web browser’s location by accepting the appropriate permission or prompt. We never associate your current location with your account information.
You can choose not to provide us with any of the information above, but may not be able to take advantage of certain features without creating an Account or providing the appropriate information.
Public Information You Choose to Provide to Us
Once you’ve created an Account, you can optionally choose to contribute or create the following types of information which in this document we will refer to as, “Public Information.”
- Public Photos: You can select individual photos to upload, tag with information including the location where the photo was taken, and share publicly on TummyRats. When you upload a photo, any associated metadata your camera might have embedded into that photo, such as the date taken or place taken, may be uploaded as well.
- Public Content: You can create other types of content, such as reviews, ratings, bookmarks and comments, which may be displayed publicly along with associated metadata such as date and time created.
Technical and Usage Information Collected Automatically
In order to understand how our Service is being used and to make it better, we also automatically receive, store and log certain types of technical and usage information whenever you interact with our Service. Information of this sort includes:
- Technical information about your mobile device: This information is used in the aggregate to help us optimize the Service for common devices.
- Usage information, such as the pages you request, searches you conduct and the features and emails from TummyRats that you interact with: This information is used in an aggregate form to generate statistics about how the Service is being used but is never shared in any form that could be reasonably used to identify you personally.
- IP address, cookies, tokens and device identifiers: These are alphanumeric identifiers that help us to distinguish between unique devices in order to avoid showing you the same information twice, keep you logged into TummyRats, prevent duplicate actions, and improve your experience.
- Crashes and error reports: If you encounter a crash or error while using our Service, we may generate a crash report that includes technical, usage and, if you are logged in, your Account information so that we can diagnose and potentially prevent the problem in the future.
- We use third party tools to collect this information on our behalf, including Flurry.
You can read about Google Analytics' Privacy Practices here:
WILL TUMMYRATS SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We will never share any other Personal Information with third parties, except in the following scenarios or with your explicit consent:
- Change of Control: In the event that all or a substantial portion of the assets, business or stock of TummyRats are acquired by, merged with or transferred to another party, or in the event that TummyRats goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, your information would be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by the third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of TummyRats or its assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- Protection of TummyRats and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of TummyRats, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. That said, any legal defenses or objections you may have to a third party’s request for your information, including a government, still apply.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
We will not use or share your Personal Information for any purpose other than those described in this document without your explicit consent. Even when using your information for the purposes described in this document, we strive to give you control in the following ways:
- You can access, delete or correct your information as described below.
- You can choose not to receive certain types of emails, as described below.
- You can choose to disable cookies, as described below.
- You can control when and whether content posted to third party services, such as Facebook, using both settings provided by TummyRats (log in and go to http://TummyRats.com/settings) and settings provided by the third party service.
- You can choose not to provide any of the public or private information described above in the first place.
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used or shared as described in this document, please discontinue use of the TummyRats Service or do not provide such information.
How can I access or delete my personal information?
In particular, if you have created a TummyRats Account, you can log in and visit http://TummyRats.com or send us a mail for following activities:
- View, update, correct and remove the Private and Public Profile Information you have provided
- View and modify the Public Information you have created or provided
- Reset your password using your Account email address (your password itself is never visible)
- Change your email preferences
- Disable your account
To let you know, you may not be able to remove all of your Public Information, such as dishes / comments / topics you added that others have bookmarked, but by disabling your account, you can disassociate that information from other Personal Information. You can also contact us at hi [at] TummyRats.com if you would like to disable your account or if you have any questions or concerns about your Personal Information.
How will you use my email address?
If you choose to provide your email address to TummyRats by creating an optional Account or otherwise choosing to provide it to us, we will use it only to send communications directly from or related to the Service, such as:
- Occasional announcements about product updates or improvements.
- Notifications when others interact with you or your public content on TummyRats.
- Recommended content from TummyRats that we think might be interesting to you.
- Food-related offers, rewards or recommendations from TummyRats.
- Contest-related communications if you participate in a contest or promotion hosted by TummyRats or by a third party using the TummyRats platform to host a contest or promotion.
- Personal messages related to the Service, your use of the Service.
You can opt out of any automated notifications or communications sent via the Service by following the instructions included with each email.
As described above, we occasionally create “cookies”—bits of alphanumeric information that are stored by your mobile device—in order to identify your mobile device. These cookies are like “breadcrumbs” left behind by the Service to remind us that you’ve used it before so that we can improve your experience. By using TummyRats, you agree to let us create cookies that enable us to do things like:
- Keep you logged into TummyRats so that you don’t have to log in again every time you close your device.
- Remember the last location you entered on TummyRats so that you don’t have to enter your location again and again.
- Display announcements when you first visit TummyRats but not every time you visit.
- Remember certain preferences you might set.
- Collect usage information for statistical purposes as described above.
HOW DO YOU PROTECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information is transmitted to and stored by TummyRats using industry-standard methods for each type of information. Our databases and servers are protected from unauthorized access using modern security and authentication methods such as passwords and access keys.
No method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, however. While we endeavor to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will not be viewed, tampered with or intercepted by an unauthorized third party. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your Personal Information.
We will notify you by email if we have reason to believe that your Personal Information has been compromised due to a security breach or used in an unauthorized manner, but by using this Service, you agree to release us from any and all claims arising out of unauthorized use of your information.
You are ultimately the one responsible for ensuring the safety of your Personal Information by taking measures including, but not limited to:
- Keeping your email address and password safe
- Creating strong passwords and using them wisely (e.g.. don’t use the same password for TummyRats and your bank, for example)
- Making sure that any internet connection you’re using to access the Service is secure and trusted
- Only uploading photos and other Public Information if you are comfortable with it being public
- Being careful about what information you provide to third parties
- Being aware of whether you are using the TummyRats Service or have navigated to a third party service (e.g., by referencing your browser’s location bar)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU CHANGE THIS POLICY?
Questions or Concerns
Go to TummyRats.com